We Value parent involvement at St. Anastasia School.
There are many ways for parents to be involved at St. A’s. Join the Home and School Association, the parent advisory committee or volunteer at one of the many events throughout the year.
The Home and School Association serves as a bridge for positive interaction between parents and school staff as it supports the school and its programs. The Association includes parents, our Principal, and a school staff member. We conduct fundraisers that are used to help purchase classroom materials, equipment, and Home & School sponsored activities. We currently meet on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. All are welcome to join us! For more information, contact any of the Current Officers or send a message through the Contact Us page.
Throughout the year the Home & School Association organizes and sponsors the following events:
- Welcome Committee (August)
- Family Fun Movie Evening (September)
- Hayride/Bonfire (September/October)
- Book Fairs (Fall/Winter)
- Catholic Schools Week (January/February)
- Fat Tuesday Family Fun Night (February/March)
- Basket Fund Raiser (April/May)
- Kids Garage Sale (May)
- Sixth Grade graduation gift purchase (May)
- Box Tops/Kemps Sorting (ongoing throughout the year)
As a committee we work on the vision, goals and action plans for the school. We provide input on the budget, policy formation and review, and work to improve the programs offered throughout the school. Our primary focus is to support the school staff, teachers, students and parents to maintain the high quality Christian Education that St. Anastasia Catholic School provides for its students.
- Developed and updated school brochures
- Worked to increase the school’s visibility within the community through the media and various community activities
- Provided direction and guidance in the development of the new website
- Raised money through fundraisers and grants to implement a school-wide technology plan which helped to provide SMART Boards for every classroom, document camera, and Chromebooks for every student.
The Advisory Committee meets the first Tuesday of every month, except in July. Agendas are distributed the week before the meeting to give members a chance to review the materials. Items distributed include financial statements, written reports from the School and Kids’ Depot which recap the current month’s happenings, and any other relevant materials.
Interested in joining the Advisory Committee?
We are always looking for new members. If you’re interested, please contact Betty Jodzio or Jason Jennissen.
We welcome volunteers! There are many ways in which parents can get involved in St. Anastasia Catholic School by volunteering regularly or for special events.
We would love to recruit some volunteers for the 2022-23 school season for the following opportunities:
- Reading and math support: 1 or 2 hours per day usually in the morning.
- Recess volunteer: Monday through Friday approximately 12:00 pm-1:15 pm. Share the experience with others. Select one week a month or a specific day to help out.
All volunteers are required to be Virtus trained. Contact Mrs. Jodzio, Principal, for more information.
Additional Volunteer opportunities include:
- Technology Committee
- Knights of Columbus Breakfast
- St. Anastasia Basketball Tourney Help
- St. Anastasia Basketball Breakfast
- Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
- Classroom Field Trips
- Room Parents
- Bookfair Volunteers
- Easter and Thanksgiving Dinner
- Marathon Bonfire
- Class Party Volunteers
- Fat Tuesday
- School Picture Day
- Catholic School’s Week (Ice Skating, Muffin Breakfast Servers, Popcorn Makers)
- Advent Program Reception
- First Reconciliation Reception
- Track and Field Day Volunteers
- Grandparents Day
- Garage Sale
- Vision and Hearing Testing
- Math and Reading Games
- Lunch Room Duty
- Playground Duty
- SCRIP Seller
- Mass Greeter
If you enjoy working with children, reading with them and helping them learn and grow in their skills then we have an opportunity for you. If you have a skill; painting, woodwork, pottery, poetry, or other and want to share with students we want to hear and learn more from you. Please connect so we can work you into our schedule for the 2022-2023 school year. Thank you.
Scrip for Tuition
The SCRIP program lets people buy gift cards to area businesses at face value, and provides St. Anastasia Catholic School with a percentage of the profits.
Parents are able to use a percentage of the SCRIP cards to defer tuition costs. Those with children attending St. Anastasia School or St. Anastasia Religious Ed. Program may participate in this program. A portion of the profit generated by your family’s purchases is credited to your tuition for the next fiscal/school year. For example, purchases made now until May 31st will be credited to the next school year. SCRIP is available in the parish office or after Masses all year long. Friends and family can participate as well.SCRIP Order Form