The year 1877 marks the beginnings of St. Boniface parish of Stewart, MN. It was in that year that a small frame church building was erected on the Fred Forcier farm (now Klammer Ranch) located 1/4 mile south of Stewart. The articles of Incorporation of St. Boniface Church were filed August 25, 1884. The parish cemetery was established in 1890, a 1/2 mile south of town. In 1901, plans began for building a new church to seat 400 people. The first Mass was offered in the new church on February 1, 1903.
Religious classes were taught in the basement of the church until 1927, when the parochial school was build. The school was staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Crookston. The school served the parish for more than 40 years, and closed in 1969. In 1982, the church basement was remodeled to provide facilities for religious education, parish meetings, and social gatherings.
In 2005, St. Boniface became part of the Area Faith Community (AFC) with St. Anastasia in Hutchinson. As an AFC, we are able to better use all our resources to provide greater opportunities for all the faithful of the AFC.