Our kindergarten through grade six classrooms each host special events and field trips throughout the year, as well as service projects.
The average class size is 8 students per grade, with our specialty classes such as Computer and Music combining two grades in one classroom.
Events & Activities
Our events and activities enrich the experience of students and families as they work together to learn new skills, compete in athletics, participate in activities, and help to support the school.
The following extra-curricular activities are available for St. Anastasia students to participate in:
- Band: Students in Fifth and Sixth Grade may choose to join band. These students will travel to the public school for lessons on their chosen instrument and participate in all large-group band activities including concerts.
- Basketball: Students in Kindergarten through Sixth Grade can participate in the school basketball program. Our Saints Basketball program for the Kindergarten, First, and Second Graders is run in-house and teaches the fundamentals of basketball incorporating fun games. We have travel teams for Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Grade boys and girls which compete in the Waconia League and several tournaments each season. St. Anastasia Catholic School has hosted its own tournament for over 15 years. More information is available on the Saints Basketball website »
- Servers: Students in Sixth Grade can choose to be servers during School Mass. These students are trained-in on the jobs that servers do at Mass. Many of the students also serve during weekend Masses.
- Student Forum: Students in Sixth Grade can choose to be in Student Forum. Student Forum meets with the principal periodically and helps advise the principal on changes they would like to see in the school. The school store (open during select lunch periods) is a favorite project of the Student Forum.
- Youth Choir: Youth Choirs rehearse on Wednesdays starting in October!
- Classrooms: Our kindergarten through grade six classrooms each host special events and field trips throughout the year, as well as service projects.