Anyone who has recently visited the playground located at our school is well aware that it is in dire need of an update. An overhaul to our School, Daycare & Community playground has been on our list for quite some time. During the fall of 2021 an amazing opportunity was presented to us by the Schulze Family Foundation in the form of a $25,000 Challenge Matching Grant, which helped kick things off. We are pleased to report that, in thanks to our amazing donors, we were able to hit our match and have received the grant!
The money will be used to improve our playground featuring play areas for the different age groups with new play equipment. These different areas and pieces of equipment will encourage social, emotional, language, cognitive, and physical skill development.
We are proud of the great tradition of Catholic education here at St. Anastasia School/Kids’ Depot. This is a place where successful adults and strong leaders are formed. Our schools provide a place where children learn about the value and beauty of the Catholic faith and develop the academic skills to help put them on a trajectory of success. We instill strong values in students and develop hearts committed to faith and service. We are hoping you will partner with us in this worthy mission!
Our playground committee worked with Flagship Recreation out of Lake Elmo, MN to narrow in on the final playground design. Originally, this was set up to be a 3 phase install, however we are happy to report we were able to raise the funds to purchase all 3 phases at once! Here are some fun highlights about the new playground design:
- The new playground will feature play areas for the different age groups that use it. There will be play equipment for the 2-5 age group and the 5-12 age group.
- The old equipment will be replaced with modern, ADA-complaint, inclusive equipment.
- The equipment selected will enhance the educational experience for students at the school and daycare. It will encourage social, emotional, language, cognitive, and physical skill development.
- There will be a few pieces of equipment that promote musical play that the school can incorporate into the music curriculum / instruction.
- All of these features will also help encourage skill enrichment and development for children and families from the community who utilize the playground during evenings and weekends.
Our initial budget for this project was $150,000 and we are beyond thrilled to share that as of July 1, 2022 we have raised just over $119,000! Late this spring, we had raised the amount needed to cover our expenses, and had halted our fundraising efforts. However with the increasing costs as of late, we may need to do some additional fundraising to assist with the increased expenses related to demo and install. We will re-initiate our fundraising campaign if that is the case.
Flagship has set our install to begin on August 9th thru August 12th, 2022. If you are willing to help please sign up via the button below. The more hands on deck, the faster we can get the new playground in!I would like to volunteer!
- Drop off or mail a check to: St. Anastasia Catholic School, Attn: Playground, 400 Lake St SW, Hutchinson, MN 55350
- Make an online donation (look for the School Fundraising box and put “Playground” in the comments)
- Consider volunteering for the demolition and community build of the new playground when the time comes. Many hands make light work!
For more information on this project, please contact Principal Betty Jodzio at [email protected]Online Donation
May God bless you for your generosity, and may He help us at St. Anastasia School/Kids’ Depot continue to provide our children with the outstanding education and faith enrichment they deserve.