Worship Space Improvements Ready To Bid
In our last update, we described the audio-visual system improvements that were proposed during the 2019 parish meetings. The system included two projection screens, two projectors, an improved sound system, microphones for the celebrant, lectors and musicians, personal ear units for the hearing impaired, and the equipment necessary to live-stream liturgies and other events. The work was completed last fall and winter Thanks to your financial generosity during the initial portion of the capital campaign, we are ready to move forward with the next phase of activity – the sanctuary improvements. Below is the overall schedule and the best information that we have at this time. More details will follow in the coming weeks as we move closer to the start of construction. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and flexibility as we complete these enhancements to the space where we celebrate our Lord’s gift to us through the liturgy.
Jim Fahey, Carla Reinowski, Diane Pedersen, Fr. Paul Wolf (Capital Campaign Cabinet)
1814 St.Anastasia Catholic Church Hutchinson_jenna - Sheet - P4 - ALTAR - ZOOMED OUT
• Bidding will be solicited from qualified and bonded contractors: June 14 – July 8th
• Bids will be opened: July 8th
• Contracts will be negotiated with bid-winning contractors: July 8th – 13th
• Total construction timeline: July 19th – October 15th
• Church will not be available for Mass: July 19th – August 27th
• Weekday and Weekend Mass celebrated in the Gymnasium: July 19th – August 27th
• Church will be available for Mass on Weekends only: August 27th – October 15th
• Phase 2: Finish Carpentry/Millwork and Finishes at Rear Sanctuary and Side Walls, Lighting and Electrical Work, Painting Ceiling, install Fire Sprinkler System, Acoustical Panels and Carpeting
Next Phase as Funds Are Raised
The next phase of our master plan will be remodeling the Gathering Space and creating a small expansion to include a new chapel and restrooms. Of course, this phase is dependent on our ability to raise the needed funds as we move forward. Below are the proposed objectives and the conceptual cost estimates in 2021 dollars. This is the best information that we have at this time.
• Remodel Gathering Space – minor work 2,660 sf $40/sf $106,400
• Install Fire Sprinkler System in the Church area $40,000
• Build a new Chapel and handicap access toilet rooms 1,650 sf $235 sf $387,750
• Sitework allowance for new addition $25,000 Subtotal $750,550
• Contingency for unforeseen increases = 8% $60,044
• Architect and engineering fees $70,000
• Furnishings, fixtures and equipment allowance $20,000
• Additional miscellaneous expenses $20,000
Total Projected Project Cost $920,594
Loving God, be with us as we embark on a sacred journey as we look ahead to our future, and the ways we can grow St. Anastasia Catholic Church and School. We ask that you guide and direct our steps. Give us wisdom to discern our future direction. Give us your vision to see the path we must walk. And give us courage to make decisions for the good of all. May we remember we are to be Christ for one another; responsible, compassionate, just and faithful, embracing our future as the people of God. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.